Take the Pledge
Whether you, a friend, or a loved one is living with a mental health challenge, we can all pledge 2 end the stigma and discrimination associated with mental illness. Join us. Change a mind and save a life. Pledge to end stigma!
Bring Change 2 Mind Principles
- I realize that mental illness is treatable and manageable.
- I understand that everyone is a valued person and deserves to be treated with respect.
- I will refrain from blame, shame, secrecy, social exclusion, stereotypes or discrimination.
- I will change the language I use when I talk about mental health and I will educate those who use stigmatizing language. I know that words matter.
- I will educate myself about the symptoms of mental illness and any side effects that may occur from treatment plans.
- I will use appropriate resources to work towards the stability of a loved one or myself.
- If I am feeling suicidal, I will reach out for help. If I know someone is experiencing suicidal thoughts, I will take it seriously and make every effort to ensure they get help.
- I will reduce stigma in myself and in others by being open about living with mental illness, naming it out loud and raising people’s awareness.
- I will help change the way people view mental health. I will make a difference.