How Can We Help?
Use this as a template to create your own checklist!
What I’m Feeling
(please mark all that apply)
- Shortness of breath
- Not being able to stay calm and still
- Panic, fear and uneasiness
- Thoughts of suicide
- Loss of interest
- Other ____________________________________________________________
What I need
(mark all that apply)
- To be in a quiet place
- To breathe
- To recenter/calm down/level out
- To be heard/vent/express yourself
- To talk to someone
- I’m not sure
- Other: ____________________________________________________________
– Helpful tips while in school.
For me, when I get stressed out I tend to snack which results in overeating. To avoid this from happening, have some water with fruit. It keeps you hydrated while doing your homework and not overeating.
– Doing a face mask
8/10 teens have acne. By doing a face mask it can help prevent breakouts. Once you put on a face mask and wash it off you feel like a new person. It doesn’t take much. Go to your local beauty store or drugstore. Pick up a face mask for your skin type after a long day, take it home and do it before going to bed. Do a face mask and maybe a full skincare routine. It will make you relax and ready for the next day.
– When in doubt go shopping
You do not need to spend a lot. Just getting out of the house and feeling the sunshine on your skin. The fresh air in the sky can help when you are feeling down. Just going to the dollar tree and buying arts and crafts, like paint. Art is a great outlet when stressed.
– Giving you self breaks while studying
All in all, students stress more than they need to. There is a balance and by following these tips you can find a way to balance your busy schedule. By not taking more than you can handle.