General CA Resources
- CalHOPE, which gives resources and counseling support to all Californians, primarily COVID-related:
- Hotline: 1(833)317-HOPE
- Live Chat
Northern CA Resources
- Sacramento County 24-hour suicide prevention hotline: Call 916-368-3111
- San Francisco Suicide Prevention’s 24-hour Crisis Line: Call the Crisis Line at 415-781-0500 or send a text message to 415-200-2920.
- 211 Bay Area: Dial 2-1-1 to get connected to a specialist for personalized assistance. This hotline operates 24/7 and is free, confidential, and available in multiple languages.
- Teen Line: CALL 800-852-8336 | TEXT “TEEN” to 839863 | Teen Line is an anonymous, nonjudgmental space for youth. Through our hotline, teens can access personal peer-to-peer support from highly trained teens supervised by adult mental health professionals.
- San Francisco Suicide Prevention – San Francisco Suicide Prevention provides emotional support, education, assistance, and intervention as necessary to all persons in crisis and those impacted by them.
- StarVista Crisis Center (San Mateo County) – The third crisis line founded in the state of California, with the goal of providing emergency assistance to people who were not in a medical crisis.
- County of Marin Department of Health and Human Services – promotes and protects the health, well being, self-sufficiency, and safety of all people in Marin.
- Side by Side Youth – Work with young people impacted by adversity on their unique journeys to heal from trauma, restore resilience, and embrace their own potential.
- Evolve Treatment – Evolve Treatment Centers offer the highest quality teen rehab centers and outpatient treatment programs available for adolescents 12 to 17 years old struggling with mental health, substance abuse, or behavior issues.
- Buckelew Programs – Buckelew Programs helps people with behavioral health challenges lead healthier, more independent lives, strengthening families and communities in the process.
- NAMI – California: National Alliance on Mental Illness, California Chapter
- Stress Health: Talks about stress and how to alleviate it in a healthy way
- SF LGBTQ Center: provider of programs to build a world where the LGBTQ people thrive
Southern CA Resources
- LA County’s Department of Mental Health Hotline, CALL (800) 854-7771
- 211 LA County: Dial 2-1-1 within LA County for health and social services.
- Teen Line: CALL 800-852-8336 | TEXT “TEEN” to 839863 | Teen Line is an anonymous, nonjudgmental space for youth. Through our hotline, teens can access personal peer-to-peer support from highly trained teens supervised by adult mental health professionals. Teens in L.A. County can get involved as peer crisis counselors.
- Peace over violence: committed to social services, social change, and social justice
- Los Angeles LGBTQ Center: provider of programs to build a world where the LGBTQ people thrive
- Dignity and Power Now: fights for the dignity and power of all incarcerated people, their families, and communities
- NAMI California: National Alliance on Mental Illness, California Chapter
- LA County residents only: Access a free iPrevail subscription from LACDMH here for free 24/7 online mental health resources, including live coaching from a trained specialist and online support groups.
- Orange County Health Care Agency Resources.
- Riverside County Mental Health COVID-19 Resources.
- San Bernardino County Behavioral Health Department
- Ventura County Behavioral Health
- San Diego County Behavioral Health Services